Problem with standby when syncing

FTP client for Android handsets.
rainer042
AntiSpam sum: 8

Problem with standby when syncing

Post by rainer042 »

Hello I am running the latest andftp version from market. I use sftp to sync a directory from my linux machine to my mobile. This works but I have to take care that my mobile does not go into standby.

I checked the andftp option to deactivate standby during sync but this does not help.
If the screen turn black because my mobile went into standby then file sync simply stops. It does resume if I activate the mobile back again but exactly for syncing its vital that it just happens without the need to touch the screen every minute to avoid standby...

Any idea?

I have a HTC Desire S with stock 2.3.5

support

Re: Problem with standby when syncing

Post by support »

Do you allow background transfer? It's another option in new phone.

rainer042

Post by rainer042 »

I guess you are talking about the option Konten und Synchronisation (accounts and synchronisation) in androids settings nenu? Yes there the option "hintergrunddaten" (background data) is enabled. The phone also has no problems synchronizing my contacts and calenders in the background.

Thanks Rainer

support

Post by support »

Some users (around 0.1%) are reporting this problem. We don't know how to handle it because it works here and for most users too. Would be you be able to provide a testing FTP account so we could try to see if something is wrong when getting wake lock with your FTP server. It might be a specific there that prevent from getting it. If yes, then drop an email to support(at)lysesoft(dot)com

rainer042

Post by rainer042 »

I tried my xoom tablet with android 3.2. Here it worked right from the start. Then I deactivated/reactivated the sync background data option in android for my mobile. Then after a cold reboot (with androids fastboot option deactivated as well) it now also works on my HTC Desire S.

Than you very much
Rainer