AndFTP 2.9.7 released

FTP client for Android handsets.
support

AndFTP 2.9.7 released

Post by support »

Here are changes:
- Send/share support extended to all files.
- Bug fixed for SFTP authentication with MacOSX.

dcampbe1
AntiSpam sum: 8

Re: AndFTP 2.9.7 released

Post by dcampbe1 »

For the past several days, when I run Tasker on my phone to send an email, I'm nagged with a request to specify which program to use, either AndFTP or Gmail. Unfortunately, there is no box to select one or the other as a default. So, every time I want to use a program that uses email I have to respond to that nagging prompt. My suspicion is that this new release is telling Android that AndFTP is associated with email and hence the prompt.

If that's the case, is it possible to downgrade to a previous version of AndFTP? Currently, if I uninstall AndFTP, the problem goes away, but comes right back when I re-install.

In any event, how do I install a previous version to see if that solves the problem.

Thanks.

support

Post by support »

We've added share support for all files. I think that's why you get this error. you can download previous version from AndFTP homepage (see AndFTP link menu above)

dcampbe1

Post by dcampbe1 »

Thanks! That worked. If you would make that an option in future versions then I could update to a more current version.

dcampbe1

Post by dcampbe1 »

I just go an auto update notification. After the update, the same problem cropped back up again, forcing me to once again downgrade to a previous version that doesn't cause the conflict. Are there any plans to modify the program so the user can opt out of that feature?

Thanks.

support

Post by support »

I'm not sure it can be done by API. Will check it.

dcampbe1

Post by dcampbe1 »

If not, may I suggest then maintaining two strings of updated versions, one with that API and one without? By so doing both those that are affected and those that are not can continue updating to newer releases. That would make life for the Android user much simpler. Thanks.

support

Post by support »

I've checked API and it cannot be done by API. So we've to choose between users that want this feature and users that don't want it.

When it prompts for application selection, can you select another by default?