Share option

FTP client for Android handsets.
robink
AntiSpam sum: 8

Share option

Post by robink »

Can you enable the share option for all file types? I'm trying to use it from another application (Locus) that can share a picture (screenshot), tracks, POI, etc but AndFTP only shows up when sharing the screenshot which is a .png. The nature of FTP should support the sharing of any and all file types.

support

Re: Share option

Post by support »

Yes, true. Could you drop an email to support(at)lysesoft(dot)com to get a testing version with this feature?

robink

Post by robink »

Sent the email yesterday and nothing yet. Sorry, not rushing you just wanted to confirm in case there was an issue with email in either direction...

Thanks!

support

Post by support »

Received. I'm wondering about impact of */* for share support. It seems AndFTP will appear in all apps calling android.intent.action.SEND and android.intent.action.SEND_MULTIPLE intents.
What mime types are used for your app?

robink

Post by robink »

Considering it's just another option in the share list I don't think all files would be a problem. Anyone using an app like this should understand what it's for so it's not like someone with no clue is going to be wondering about the AndFTP option under the share dialog so personally I would still like to see all files...

In the application I am using there is an option to send my coordinates which does not even appear to be a file at all as if I select email, or evernote, or any other application from the Share list it just showing up as a new email or note with the coordinates (no file).

If you are still hesitant to add all types maybe there could be a menu option or confi file to allow a user to set it?

Thanks!!