Cannot see any remote folder in sftp or scp

FTP client for Android handsets.
rainer042
AntiSpam sum: 8

Re: Cannot see any remote folder in sftp or scp

Post by rainer042 »

Hi,

my problem has been fixed, I can see the remote directory. However when doing scp (not sftp) I discovered another bug. The problem is that (at least) one folder named "lib" that *does* exits on the remote host is not displayed in AndFTP other folders are displayed. Here is the output of ls -ld $HOME/lib:
drwxr-xr-x 26 krienke employee 4096 16. Mär 2011 lib/

Perhaps another problem with charactersets? When I try sftp instead of scp then this folder *is* displayed. Another difference I noticed is that sftp does not list hidden dot files and scp does. Perhaps one of the dot files causes the trouble?

Thanks
Rainer

luis.sarro

Post by luis.sarro »

Hi, thanks a lot for your help.

I had tried UTF-8 with no success.

Sorry to ask this question, but I am a beginner: how can you get 2.9.4? In market there seems to be no new version and the web page is seemingly out of date.

Thank you very much in advance.

Luis

support

Post by support »

I'm quote sure it's because of Mär in date which is not compliant to parser. Is the SCP account still open?

rainer042

Post by rainer042 »

Hello,

I reopened the account. Same host, same account, same password lime before.

I create three folders and some files. One in these three is named lib and has a date from march (Mär). When using scp you wont be able to see it. However when you switch to sftp it should work.

Thanks
Rainer

support

Post by support »

Will try it next week to fix it.

support

Post by support »

Even if not really standard, we've added support for àÀâÂäÄáÁéÉèÈêÊëËìÌîÎïÏòÒôÔöÖùÙûÛüÜçÇñ in date month. However, there is still a problem with leading space in lib folder (see below). Parser cannot guess if there is one or zero leading space. For SCP, you have have to use the "Discard file/folder leading space" option in advanced section to make it work.

-rw-r--r-- 1 lysesoft users 0 23. Sep 20:25 c
drwxr-xr-x 2 lysesoft users 4096 16. Mär 2011 lib

You will receive the testing release by email.

Can you configure the SCP server to list files/folders as in SFTP?

rainer042

Post by rainer042 »

Hi,
I tested the new version you sent to me. It works. I can now see all folders. It was not necessary to activate the "leading space" option.

The only wish that I still have is an option to hide/show hidden files (starting with a "." (ls -al versus ls -l) for a *running* connection. Would be nice to see such an option in one of the next versions.

Thanks
Rainer