SFTP not fonctionning

FTP client for Android handsets.
eriaperse
AntiSpam sum: 8

SFTP not fonctionning

Post by eriaperse »

I use generally a SSH FTP connexion to manage my server. It works fine from my pC with WinSCP.
I have a private key that is perfectly handeld by Winscp.

name of server
specific port
username
no password
private key chosen
even password of the key entered

With AndFTP the sameexact process always says : "invalid private Key" or "Invalid credentials"

Why is that ? What could be wrong in the procedure ?

Thanks

support

Re: SFTP not fonctionning

Post by support »

You need SSH key with OpenSSH format. Also, if the key is password-protected then the cipher algorithm must be among the following. Try AES-128.

3des-cbc
3des-ctr
aes128-cbc
aes192-cbc
aes256-cbc
aes128-ctr
aes192-ctr
aes256-ctr
arcfour
arcfour128
arcfour256
blowfish-cbc

eriaperse

Post by eriaperse »

Thank you

My key has been generated with PuTTYgen. Type of key is SSH-2 RSA at 1024 bits. It seems to be very common and standard since it is the default setting in puTTYgen...

So the problem would be that ? Your software would not be compatible with the more common possible key generator ? I can't believe it... :roll:

Could you confirm this ?

support

Post by support »

Encryption support on device such as Android is limited. Try with the listed algorithm, there are supported by Putty and see if it works to make sure that's the real problem.

eriaperse

Post by eriaperse »

Try with the listed algorithm, there are supported by Putty and see if it works to make sure that's the real problem.
I did try an openssh converted key with a server I'm having direct root access and that is ok. But I still can't connect the other server with the putty 1024 generated key. :( So now I regret my too quick buying...

support

Post by support »

If you can provide a testing key, then we can investigate to understand why it fails. You can contact support(at)lysesoft(dot)com

borama

Post by borama »

I also noticed problems using an RSA key in AndFTP and found one way out which might also work for you. To use the private key in AndFTP, it must be readable with openssl, e.g.:

Code: Select all

$ openssl rsa -in rsa-mobil-private.txt -noout -text
Private-Key: (1024 bit)
modulus:
    00:d4:78:17:b5:56:44:2f:4a:1c:56:03:33:ae:47: 
If it's not, it is possible that the key is actually stored in PKCS8 format, not in the raw RSA format. To convert, you can simply use openssl again:

Code: Select all

$ openssl pkcs8 -in rsa-mobil-private.txt -nocrypt -out rsa-mobil-private-raw.txt
In my case this solved the problem of loading the private key generated previously by ConnectBot.