Java.io.IOException + some folders are not accessible

FTP client for Android handsets.
sgs
AntiSpam sum: 8

Java.io.IOException + some folders are not accessible

Post by sgs »

Hi all,
first of all, thanks for this great app! I'm thinking of buying the pro version, as soon as I figure out what the "advanced features" are that the pro version offers against the free version.

Anyway, there are two problems with AndFTP on my Samsung Galaxy S:

I get a "Java.io.IOException: Stream is closed" message, when trying to download a file that has not been uploaded by AndFTP.

I cannot access all folders that I have permission to. "Cannot change directory to /mp3" is the message I get in this case. I figured out that for some reason these folders do not have a "last modified" date set. (Either there is no date set at all, or the time is missing). It looks like AndFTP has a problem with this.

Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks and Best Regards
Richard

sgs
AntiSpam sum: 8

Re: Java.io.IOException + some folders are not accessible

Post by sgs »

Hi support,
I just figured out that both problems I described in my previous post seem to be connected to the inability of AndFTP to handle files and folders that haven't set up the "modified date" correctly.
I used FileZilla to have a closer look at the folders and files I could not access/download with AndFTP, and realised that the "modified date" was either not set at all, or the time was missing.
(e.g. "30.11.1999").
Files that are uploaded with FileZilla or AndFTP have a full date/time stamp set.
(e.g. "06.12.2010 18:35").
As soon as I modify the folder/files (e.g. rename) with FileZilla a correct "modified date" is set and I can access/download them with AndFTP again.

So, one might think the inability to handle files/folders with incorrect "modified date" is a bug. ;)

Regards
Richard