HTC desire transfer hangs when screen is off

FTP client for Android handsets.
Sillik
AntiSpam sum: 8

HTC desire transfer hangs when screen is off

Post by Sillik »

Hello,

I have an issue when trying to download big files.
Whenever the screen is off, either manually or letting the screen time-out, the transfer freezes.

I have configured my HTC desire to keep wi-fi connected even when the screen is off, and I still receive e-mail when my screen is off so I don't know why the connection is lost in andftp.

When I switch it back on, the transfer window is frozen. If I hit the back button, I see a "broken pipe" message and I have to disconnect in order to resume the transfer. It means I have to re-locate the file(s), the target folder and start the transfer and sometimes, the resume doesn't even work.

The only solution I found is to disable the screen time-out entirely but it is certainly not optimal regarding battery usage!

I'm not sure if this issue is related to andftp, my FTP server (Fillezilla - but it is unlikely because it works just fine when the screen is on) or my HTC desire phone...

Anyone noticed the same problem on their phone?

Thank you,
Sillik.

sgs
AntiSpam sum: 8

Re: HTC desire transfer hangs when screen is off

Post by sgs »

Hi Sillik,
I came across your post when creating my own and I also tested the scenario you described.
Downloading/uploading larger files works fine on the Samsung Galaxy S - even so the screen is switched off for energy saving purposes. So this problem is not a problem on this handset.
Regards
Richard