AndFTP renaming images on upload

FTP client for Android handsets.
ackmanx
AntiSpam sum: 8

AndFTP renaming images on upload

Post by ackmanx »

I'm not 100% sure this is AndFTP behavior or Android and I didn't see this asked yet so here goes...

I take photos with my phone (Samsung Galaxy S) and then upload them to my webserver where a PHP script runs when I visit and makes thumbnails about of my .jpg files I put there. I have thus far only coded the script to recognize .jpg files. The problem I've just noticed is my files are being renamed on upload from .jpg to .jpeg.

Method: Take a photo with "Camera". Review the photo, "Share", then select "AndFTP". It then successfully uploads the file but the extension is changed.

It also does this if I access AndFTP via Share using the stock file browser and Gallery. If I go into AndFTP directly and browse my file system and select the file and upload, then the extension remains the same.

I looked in the settings and didn't see anything that stood out. Any ideas?

support

Re: AndFTP renaming images on upload

Post by support »

Could you try to uncheck "Append on media store items export/share" in Options -> File Extension?

ackmanx

Post by ackmanx »

Thanks for the suggestion. I did try this just now, but when I upload a file now the software removes the extension completely, which results in the same problem. Is there a way to simply upload a file without modifying the name?

support

Post by support »

The problem is that file extension does not exist in image stored through content provider. That's why we've added this parameter. How did you get such extension? In another tool?

ackmanx

Post by ackmanx »

Oops, forgot to check back here. I don't use any tools except the application Camera to take the photo. After taking the photo, it's saved to my SD card in this format "2010-11-26 06.20.51.jpg".

To get around the "jpeg" issue I've been loading AndFTP directly and connecting to my server, then browsing the SD card from AndFTP and it uploads the file correctly.

I tried selecting Email and Gmail with the "Share" feature of Camera, My Files and Gallery and the file name remains .jpg for those.