andFTP connection trouble

FTP client for Android handsets.
Nephris
AntiSpam sum: 8

andFTP connection trouble

Post by Nephris »

Hi,
i really like andFTP and it actually works great, so i guess the following issue is a problem with my settings and not andFTP, but i hope you can help me nevertheless.
I got a NAS (Qnap TS109II) running at home with a Samba and FTP server activated.
As it is a private server behind a dynamic IP i am using a dynDNS.
Of course i would like to connect via my Android(2.2.) via andFTP to the FTP.

Connection via filezilla from any machine is working easily without probs.
But connections via andFTP doesent work, as soon as i am off the local network at home, means when I try to connect e.g. from th street.

I guess it is a port problem, but as filezilla is working i presume the ports are correct for pc machines.

As soon as i connect via andFTP (passive mode) i am running through the connection logs appearing at the bottom of the display of my HTC Desire, which stop at
215 unix type:L8
PASV
227 Entering Passive Mode (192,168,2,100,220,25)

with the endmessage "no route to host".

My NAS has the intern IP 192.168.2.100
Due the error msg i guess sth must be wrong with the ports, as the login actually works (succesfull log).
But i am not that familar with FTP,ports and stuff to figure out, what i ve to do, besides "try& error method".

So do u have any ideas how i can get access also from outside the local and private network to my FTP server?

Greetz

punkcik

Re: andFTP connection trouble

Post by punkcik »

Hi,

I got the same problem on my HTC DESIRE (Android 2.2).
I can connect to the server (FTPS) via filezilla client from outside of my LAN. Conclusion - server configured properly.

I can connect to the server (FTPS) via andFTP 2.0 from my LAN (via wifi), but no chance to connect with the external IP via EDGE or 3G.

Is the mobile network provider (vodafone) blocking ports? Is there an easy way to check that?
And finally, is there a way to bypass it somehow - VPN maybe?

Cheers

support

Post by support »

The problem is:
227 Entering Passive Mode (192,168,2,100,220,25)
The FTP server returns internal IP address that why it fails. You can setup the FTP server to return the external IP, there is a thread about someone that did it in this forum.

blade86sam

Post by blade86sam »

Wow im having similar problems but opposite... so within the network where my ftp server is... ok so while connected via same network my server is i cannot get passed entering passive mode (12 14 17 54) .... gives me connection timed out...

If im using 3g or under another wifi outside my network.. friends house or something... it connects no problems... strange

Pcs same network as my ftp server also connect no problem.. so finding it weird.. any fix for that? Let me know thx in advance

Sam, via Nexus S