My Experience (SFTP) and some questions.

FTP client for Android handsets.
Cadmus
AntiSpam sum: 8

My Experience (SFTP) and some questions.

Post by Cadmus »

So I've been trying AndFTP to do SFTP over my local network and I have to say I love the interface (being able to change the font size is great on the small screen). This is exactly the sort of program I was looking for for what I wanted to do (store films and transcode them via Connectbot, then grab the shrunken vids securely)

Stability has been generally good, sometimes navigating the menus too fast (like tapping 'go up a level' in quick succession) can cause a crash but being gentle proves no problem. The transfer speeds have been a little underwhelming (7-8kB/s over local G-wifi) is there anything that I can do improve them? Also what is the logic behind speed changes when the screen is locked or one returns to the home menu leaving AndFTP running in the background? The speed seems to drop noticeably there to the point I'm not sure it's doing anything.

Despite the moaning above I wanted to say keep up the good work and roll on 2.0! (when's it coming anyway?)

HTC Wildfire, Android 2.1

support

Re: My Experience (SFTP) and some questions.

Post by support »

SFTP/SSH is slow, true compared to FTP or FTPES. It's because of encryption overhead with SFTP channel. We've implemented SCP/SSH in 2.0 and it's quite faster. We will try to reproduce the problems you've reported.