Cannot navigate FTP Server

FTP client for Android handsets.
uk_martin
AntiSpam sum: 8

Cannot navigate FTP Server

Post by uk_martin »

Hi

I'm having problems with navigation at the server-end. I'm OK with navigating on my own phone. I can set the target directory to upload to OK and I can upload files OK. What I can't do, is to go up one level, or to go into any other directory that is listed on the FTP Server. I get an error saying

"Cannot change directory to public_html/xxx/yyy/zzz No such directory exists" (!)

Any idea what could be going wrong please? I look forward to hearing how I can resolve this nagging issue.

My phone is a HTC Desire, running Android 2.1. AndFTP version 1.4 is in use.

Thanks in advance

Martin

support

Re: Cannot navigate FTP Server

Post by support »

Could you provide a FTP testing account?
You can drop an email to support(at)lysesoft(dot)com

nickalexander

Post by nickalexander »

As stated before it would make things easier if you could provide test account. Have you tried going through your FTP config file on the server side to see if you have limited the users to their own directory on the server?? I know my proFTPD server on my linux box has a line for this option. Also is the user that you are logging in with an administrator to have the correct permissions to access what you are trying to look at??

uk_martin

Post by uk_martin »

Test account set up and details e-mailed to Support...look forward to seeing what is discovered.

Thanks

Martin

support

Post by support »

Are you sure about password? I get authentication failed.