ConnectException

FTP client for Android handsets.
mannyb

ConnectException

Post by mannyb »

First of all let me thank you for a very handy Android application. I have had great use of it quite a few times already.

I have, however, run into a problem. When I connect to my FTP server on my PC everything is fine, but when I select a file for download and hit the download button I get this error message:

Download failed: java.net.ConnectException:
0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0:3082 - Connection refused ()
[Ok] [Cancel]

It's weird, because I have been able to connect to and download from the exact same server before. I have no idea if the problem is on my end or if something else have gone wrong. The same problem, or at least a similar one, sometimes occurs when I'm browsing folders/directories on the FTP, I will get an error message like "0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0:3088 - Connection Refused". Both these errors seem to occur when the client is entering Passive Mode. But it's something that started just recently. I never had any problems like this before. Maybe a changed behavior in the latest version of AndFTP?

I'm hoping that you will be able to help me out.

support

Re: ConnectException

Post by support »

AndFTP is running is passive mode by default. Do you have the latest 1.0RC2 ?
We have another user with similar problem (worked before and now issues with upload).
Where do you try to download ? In SDCard ?

mannyb

Re: ConnectException

Post by mannyb »

support wrote:AndFTP is running is passive mode by default. Do you have the latest 1.0RC2 ?
We have another user with similar problem (worked before and now issues with upload).
Where do you try to download ? In SDCard ?
Yes, 1.0RC2 is installed, and I'm downloading to my SD card. Sometimes the download will start, but nine times out of ten it will not. It seems that when I am in a sub folder on the FTP the problem occurs more frequently. Either it's a problem with sub folders or maybe the name of the sub folder is causing this? The folder names on the FTP contains both dots and dashes. Like this:

-.mp3
-.movies
-.applications

And so on. Could the characters in the folder names cause this behavior in AndFTP?