AndSMB 1.5: File count wrong when downloading

Samba/CIFS client for android.
zippanova
AntiSpam sum: 8

AndSMB 1.5: File count wrong when downloading

Post by zippanova »

The "files left" count displays an incorrect number when downloading multiple files. This seems to occur when moving a folder of files, or a folder of folders of files (probably all cases similar to this).

The number appears to be calculated as follows. For this sample directory structure:
D = directory
F = file

D-\
|-D-\
| |-F
| \-F
\-F
D-\
|-F
\-F

When trying to copy both of the top level directories, I would expect the remaining file count to start at 4 (5 files minus the current transferring file). The observed behaviour is the file count starts at 1 (2 top-level directories selected minus the current transferring file).

I hope this is clear enough to address the issue.

~Alex

support

Re: AndSMB 1.5: File count wrong when downloading

Post by support »

Problem is that directory is not recursed so all files in a remote directory = 1

zippanova

Post by zippanova »

Sounds like the problem has been identified well. When is a release planned with a fix?

Cheers,
~Alex

support

Post by support »

I think it will be an option because it requires to count remote file before downloading and it could take a while before starting transfer (depending on how many remote files/folders/subfolders)

zippanova

Post by zippanova »

Would it really take that much longer to query only the selected directory? That seems like it would add a very small amount of the total time to the transfer. If there are more files to list, the transfer is still going to take longer anyway. Also, if you were to make the correct file counting behaviour an option, when the option is disabled you might as well just remove the file count, since it is most likely wrong in that case.