Feature Requests

Samba/CIFS client for android.
Patcheen
AntiSpam sum: 8

Feature Requests

Post by Patcheen »

Hello,

I hope I'm not being too cheeky by creating this topic.

I'm a fan of andSMB and find it very useful for browsing the files on my Readynas device.
It would be the really great if the app could provide a 'Move' function for moving files / folders around on the device.

Personally this would be the function I would find most useful. I rarely have the need to download or upload files to and from my phone. However when I have a moment I would certainly like to do a little housekeeping on the device through the phone.

Maybe other users might like to give their opinion on this.

Many thanks for creating this great app.

irvinehooi

Feature Requests: Access to Dropbox and SkyDrive

Post by irvinehooi »

Hi, I'm would like to request :

1. is it possible for AndSMB to be able to access to "Dropbox" and as well as "Windows Live SkyDrive" web storage ??

2. to be able to do archive / extract the compressed archive (e.g. gzip, 7z, rar, zip......etc)

It is very useful if such feature / function to be available to AndSMB.
Thanks in advance.

support

Re: Feature Requests

Post by support »

AndSMB is mainly for Windows/CIFS/Samba. Sky drive could make sense. Added to wish list.

zippanova

Post by zippanova »

When moving up a directory, the parent directory is scrolled back to the top. I'd like to request that the parent directory retains it's scroll position when you return to this directory from its child directory. This scroll position should be remembered within a connection session, but not across multiple sessions.

~Alex

fxm

Post by fxm »

We are using the pro version on tablets and we will would like the possibility to use shortcuts to activate different Sync scenarii.

The product works fine and is fast but is not trivial for our endusers.

So the IT people can prepare differents scripts and the RoadWarriors (not familiar with this kind of things) could just using shortcuts:
a) refresh the content in the tablet, database, documents & so on.
b) upload at the right place, the documents they wrote when out of office.