1.2 ate my battery

Samba/CIFS client for android.
MrShamus
AntiSpam sum: 8

1.2 ate my battery

Post by MrShamus »

Have just installed AndSMB 1.2 for the first time. Appears to work beautifully for what I need.
However, after a few hours I noticed my battery was almost dead.
I had used AndSMB for approx 20 minutes, but a couple of hours later when my battery was almost dead the battery stats were showing that AndSMB had used over 3 hours of CPU. After I did a force stop and recharged everything is o.k. again. I am now hesitant to use this app as it would appear that unless I kill the app after use it carries on consuming CPU and therefore battery. Is this a known bug or am I just unlucky?
Running on Desire HD with stock ROM.

support

Re: 1.2 ate my battery

Post by support »

What about if you uncheck "Wake lock" in Menu -> Options
We've added "wake lock" option to prevent phone sleeping while transferring. Uncheck this box and see if it solves the problem.

MrShamus
AntiSpam sum: 8

Post by MrShamus »

Unchecked "Wake lock" but problem still persists. Again had to do a force stop as battery was almost dead 3 hours after using AndSMB. This time I only fired up AndSMB to uncheck wake lock and browse a couple of remote folders. No file transfers were done at all and total actual app usage was about 2 mins. Battery stats very similar to last time with over 3 hours of CPU.

support

Post by support »

Which phone do you have? There could be a problem making the wake lock not released but once unchecked it should not happen after force stop.