Problem authenticating to MAC Mountain Lion

Samba/CIFS client for android.
ntloser
AntiSpam sum: 8

Problem authenticating to MAC Mountain Lion

Post by ntloser »

Hello

I am able to connect to my windows PCs fine. However, when I try to connect to MAC I am told the username or password is unknown or invalid. I have double checked for typos and that is not the problem. I can connect to the MAC via SMB on my windows pcs just fine. Whats up?

support

Re: Problem authenticating to MAC Mountain Lion

Post by support »

Works fine with Snow Leopard. Do you have any special character in password such as , or {}?

ntloser

Post by ntloser »

Hello,

No, no special characters. I made a separate simple username and password just to test. Can access these shares fine from windows PCs.

ntloser

Post by ntloser »

Hi,

No, no special characters. I made another test account just to make sure. Uses a really short and simple username and password. I can connect to it fine using those credentials in Windows but not using ANDSMB

aljmc

Post by aljmc »

I suspect Apple has changed something with their implementation of SMB. Same issue exists since Lion. Surely someone on your dev team can discover what this is and fix ANDSMB. Or tell us all how to log in.

mobilinear

Post by mobilinear »

Any solution to this? Same problem - can't log in to share on macos lion SMB share 10.7.3 tried logging into the shared folder from another mac via SMB and it works fine.

mobilinear

Post by mobilinear »

Is there a fix for this yet? I'm having the same problem accessing a share on Mac Lion (10.7.3). I can confirm AndSMB worked fine accessing a share on Snow Leopard, but since upgrading repeatedly asks for authentication. I have no problem accessing the share from another mac using SMB:// etc, so I know user/password is not the problem.

support

Post by support »

We don't have Lion here, just Snow Leopard. If someone could provide a testing account under Lion then we could try to fix it.