File Manager/Explorer for Android devices.
You can post here your requests for enhancement for AndExplorer.
Current wish list:
- Add Search feature [DONE in 2.0]
- Add file/folder details support in menu. [DONE in 1.6]
- Add "Show hidden files" option (starting with .) [DONE in 1.5]
- Add mime-type editor.
- Add copy/paste for path.
- Add copy/paste from/to internal content provider (such as music). [Partially DONE in 1.6]
- Add thumbnails view.
- Add RAR mime type.
- Add compress support.
- Fix issue to send image or MP3 by message (like gallery). [Fixed in Android 2.1]
- Add SMB feature (see AndSMB)
- Add "Enable/disable crash report" option [DONE in 1.5]
- Mulitple selection option [DONE in 2.0]
- Add Intent to pick a file to save and allow the user to also type in the name of a non-existing file. [DONE in 1.7]
- Add Ext2/Ext4 support.
thanks! I'd like to add a couple feature requests:
- add browser to the list of apps in the "send to" menu. (you could pass it the file:// url for the file.)
- add a way to copy a file's path to the clipboard. (you could add this to the "more" menu.)
thanks for a great app!
I wish for a way to send more than one file at a time (for example, via bluetooth or gmail).
I had assumed that the limitation of only sending one file via bluetooth at a time was one that is imposed by the OS, but it seems that the gallery app supports selecting a series of files, and then sending them all to the same bluetooth target. (It might be using a loop internally... but I don't think so). Since I now know it is possible (at least in theory), it would be a really useful thing to support in andexplorer.
In general, it might also be possible to use multiple files for some of the other send-to targets as well... I.e. multiple gmail attachments, etc... I know some other apps support this.
Any chance of implementing it in a future version?
To send 10 files, Currently I:
Select the first file in andexplorer with a long press:
Press the bluetooth target
Unselect the first file
Select the second file... followed by the same 5 press "send to bluetooth dance".. then unselect it.
Select the third file... repeat... 7 more times
Select all 10 files
But in gallery I can:
Select the 10 files one at a time..
Do the "send to bluetooth" dance once for all of them.
Wait fore them all to finish transferring.
Delete them all.
It would be great if AndExplorer could allow you to browse when attaching giles in gmail.
OI File Manager does it!
I.e., in gmail, go to attach a file. If you have OI installed, it give you the option to use it to select the file to attach. I personally hate the UI of OI, and the AndExplorer one is better by every measure.... but... in order to do this one thing (Attach text files and such to existing email threads when replying), I have to keep that ugly OI around.
I know you can start a new gmail message by using the "send" option in AndExplorer, but that does not work when you want to reply to an existing thread with an attachment.
You already have the select-file intent... so most of the work is already done, I bet.
It'd be great to be able to force the media scanner to rescan the removal drive using something like:
That way, after the user moves around images or mp3 files on the external storage, they can ask the media scanner to rescan their changes, and they won't have to wait a long time, reboot the phone, or unmount and replug the sdcard.
actually i am new in Android, please guide me that how can i use AndExplorer features
1. How can i open AndExplorer activity dialog box from my application to choose a file, certainly i did try this by calling intent but when i long pressed on a folder and then pressed OK button it terminated and return to calling activity, however i need to restrict user to choose file only, in other words what i want is that it should not allow user to press OK button unless any file is selected.
2. How can i open AndExplorer activity dialog box from my application to Save new file, it should provide interface to user to navigate to the appropriate folder and type in new file name and press OK button
Iam new to Android. I can be able to display all .mp3 files from SDCard in a list and if we click on that file which is in list it is playing. What i want is how can i delete that file using option menu. can anyone help me please.