V1.6 on android 2.2 doesn't work

Amazon S3 file manager for Android handsets.
analyzer
AntiSpam sum: 8

V1.6 on android 2.2 doesn't work

Post by analyzer »

I've just bought the pro version. Unfortunately, the application doesn't show any bucket, though all settings are correct. Is there a chance of creating a log-file after having connected to the cloud to see what's going wrong?

At the moment I'm deeply disappointed cause I can't find out what's going wrong and i spent about 4 Euros for this app :((

Could you please give me support?

bgrimes24

Re: V1.6 on android 2.2 doesn't work

Post by bgrimes24 »

I'm having the exact same issue. I bought the Pro version for my Thunderbolt running 2.2.1 and I can't authenticate at all. I know for a fact that my credentials are fine and I've even created a new access credential, emailed the keys to myself, pasted them into the app and still "Access Denied". I'm super frustrated with this since I need some type of access to s3 buckets and I had hoped that for $6 this wasn't going to be a waste of time and money.

support

Post by support »

Do you have error when you connect to remote bucket?
Error such as "Access denied" pop-up on screen?

analyzer

Post by analyzer »

There isn't any Error message at all, so i can't find the root cause of the problem.

But one basic question relating to "S3 URL" : Is the URL solely meant for "s3.amazonaws.com" or can i change it for my cloud-hoster (http://cs.hosteurope.de) ?

My Hoster advised me to use your app on android phones. The cloud-interface is S3-compatible.

support

Post by support »

In 1.6 you have to use either http://s3.amazonaws.com or https://s3.amazonaws.com. We're working on 1.7 which allows any URL for custom web site support. Please contact support(at)lysesoft(dot)com and they will provide a 1.7 testing version.

analyzer

Post by analyzer »

Thanks for your great support :D
I will recommend LYSESOFT !

support

Post by support »

We've tested your bucket and depending on URL we're using we get:
With yourhost: SignatureDoesNotMatch
With s3.amazonaws.com: InvalidAccessKeyId, The AWS Access Key Id you provided does not exist in our records.

bgrimes24

Post by bgrimes24 »

This is still an issue for me. I'm running 1.7 now (auto updates) and I still can't connect as I get an "Access Denied" error. I have been able to installer lesser (FREE) apps with the same credentials and they can connect so I don't understand why this app can't. I would really appreciate something on this. I don't check the forum often, but I can be reached via the email on this account. I really needed to connect to my s3 account for some work projects, and I still do only I have a workout in place using dropbox which isn't ideal.

Thanks.

support

Post by support »

Are you using Amazon S3 or a third party service such as HostEurope? What do you have in URL field?

bgrimes24

Post by bgrimes24 »

totally my fault, apologies. After like 20 tries, I realized my bucket named was foobared, all good.