Bucket size limit?

Amazon S3 file manager for Android handsets.
nycole

Bucket size limit?

Post by nycole »

Hi:

Just downloaded this program last night. So far I have been able to access my s3 bucket, however I only see some of my files. I use jungle disk to access my s3 account and I can access all the files there. I can also see all my files using S3 Fox (thanks Eric for the tip). I have about 16 gigs of stuff stored in my account. They are all music (mp3) files.

To be more specific:
The music is stored alphabetically in (album) folders. When I log in using s3 anywhere I see an alphabetical list of all the folders/albums but they are all blank (0 bytes in size). I guess those are containers of some kind. Each folder is shown 2 times on the list. When I scroll down to the end of that initial list I begin to see the individual files (music tracks) in each folder but this is only for the first 15 or so albums, then the list ends.

Is there a limit to the number of files I can access using s3 anywhere?

Thanks.

support

Re: Bucket size limit?

Post by support »

I've reproduced the problem. I will fix it and publish a new release.

nycole

Post by nycole »

I downloaded the new version and was indeed able to see all my mp3 files. But there is a catch:

First, I was only able to access the bucket with the mp3 files once. Every attempt after that resulted in a force close, after a long wait. I think I just have too much stuff in that bucket.
Second, that one time that I was able to see the mp3 files I tried to download one of them but couldn't. I got the "downloading" popup but nothing happened/ the file did not download.

I am thinking that there might be something up that bucket because I have since created a second bucket (again using Jungle Disk) and have no problems with it. I can access all files, download files and upload files without a glitch. Then again, I only have a few files in this one and none of them are mp3. Also, when I was going through my jungle disk configuration I noticed something else, which might or might not be important: the first bucket with mp3s is a Jungle Disk 1.0 bucket while the second one is a 2.0.

Thanks for all your help.

support

Post by support »

Did you select a target local folder before download ? such as /sdcard ?
I think you need to wait a little instead of force close because time to read all MP3 filename could be important.

lipo
AntiSpam sum: 8

Post by lipo »

I too encountered the same problem after installing Bucket software. Not all list of the files are being displayed when I open the folder. Is it possible to use other types of files apart from mp3?. Some one post a solution to my query.
www.whatcauses-snoring.com