Configuration is deleted whenever I update version??

FTP client for Android handsets.
tbessie
AntiSpam sum: 8

Configuration is deleted whenever I update version??

Post by tbessie »

Whenever I update to a newer version of AndFTP, all of my configured servers are erased. This is pretty nasty, especially since I have quite a few configured.

Why is this done?

- Tim

support

Re: Configuration is deleted whenever I update version??

Post by support »

Really strange, I had Nexus One before Galaxy Nexus and I never had this behavior. Other customer don't complain about this neither.

Do you have Pro version? If yes, then just export settings to backup them. Menu->Options->Menu->Export and then you can import them if they're lost.

tbessie
AntiSpam sum: 8

Re: Configuration is deleted whenever I update version??

Post by tbessie »

I sent you an email about this, but am posting it here for other folks who may have the same problem (and PS Yes, I have AndFTP Pro):

----------

Hi again...

Well, this happened again, although not after an update.

I had re-entered my settings, and went back to AndFTP Pro later on, after intervening days (and phone restarts, and possibly some battery pulls), and saw that the settings were once again missing.

I install everything I can on the SD Card - do you think that installing AndFTp Pro to SD Card would make it lose its settings between phone restarts? That would be nasty.

I just checked this again - restarted the phone (with a battery pull - I was updating some files on the SD Card), and AndFTP Pro's settings were cleared; it also brought up the "tips" dialog, even though I had turned them off.

Basically it's acting like I had just installed it each time, if the phone has been restarted (possibly only with a battery pull - I didn't check one versus the other) in between. This may only happen if it is installed to SD Card.

Have you checked the above situation?

- Tim