Couple of problems I've found

FTP client for Android handsets.
webreaper
AntiSpam sum: 8

Couple of problems I've found

Post by webreaper »

Hi,

Been using AndFtp 1.08RC1 to copy stuff to my HTC Magic. Seems really good. However, I've found a couple of issues:

1. Downloading to/from my home server over 3G seems to work fine. However, at home, on my wifi network, I would copy 10-15MB and then the connection would be reset by the server. That wouldn't be so bad, but then when I try to restart, it fails with a force-close - the only way to restart is to exit AndFtp and re-open the connection. The server is the same in both instances, so I wonder whether the faster connection speeds is somehow over-aweing AndFtp (I get 237KB/sec over wifi, but only about 70KB/sec over 3G). If it helps the server is FileZilla server, 9.0.31.

2. If I orient the phone to landscape mode during a download, the app crashes with a force-close.

It would be really nice if the downloading was a little more robust and could attempt to reconnect/retry if the download fails.

Also, AndFtp appears to start a background download/uploader task (judging by the notifications). "Great", I thought, it'll download my stuff in the background while I check my email, surf, etc. But apparently not - if I navigate to another app the connection is lost. Any plans to fix this?

Great app though, really handy.

support

Re: Couple of problems I've found

Post by support »

Thanks for the feedback.

Yes, we know the limitations you've described when transferring and switch portrait/landscape.
We plan to fix them just after public key will be added for SFTP.