Phone sleeps = transfer stops

FTP client for Android handsets.
kurtsandroid
AntiSpam sum: 8

Phone sleeps = transfer stops

Post by kurtsandroid »

I am using andFTP 2.9.4 on an HTC Incredible 2. I'm using sftp and it works well except that the phone falls asleep and this puts the transfer on hold. From the FAQ and options list, it appears that this shouldn't be happening. Right?

support

Re: Phone sleeps = transfer stops

Post by support »

Yeap, if you have "Wake lock" enabled in Menu->Options then it should not appear.

kurtsandroid

Post by kurtsandroid »

I looked in the options and I see that Wake lock is enabled. I have not changed this setting from its default.

support

Post by support »

AndFTP 2.9.5 is availalble with SFTP performances improved, could you try it? We will see you you still have the issue.

kurtsandroid

Post by kurtsandroid »

That's the stuff. It's working well now. Thanks!

FreedomSound

Post by FreedomSound »

Hi !

I'm using AndFTP 2.9.5 in PRO version on an HTC Hero with a CM 7.1. I'm using FTPS Explicit with Wake lock Enabled but the phone falls asleep and it puts the transfer out and an error occur :

Erreur de Téléchargement : javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Read error: ssl=0x2743d0: I/O error during system call, Connection Timed out.

After that I had a Writing error :

write error: ssl=0x257de0 I/O: error during system call, Broken pipe.

Could you help me ?

kurtsandroid

Post by kurtsandroid »

I inadvertently "upgraded" to 2.9.7 and I'm having trouble again. I don't know if it's device sleeping that is causing the problem or some other glitch, but I am having problems uploading files. It generally works well with single file transfers that it can do in less than 30 seconds or so. Although that appears to hang at times also. The problems aren't nearly as consistent as they were before the 2.9.5 patch.

Speaking of which, I can downgrade the app to 2.9.5? That version worked much better.

support

Post by support »

barrymorgan88

Post by barrymorgan88 »

kurtsandroid wrote:I inadvertently "upgraded" to 2.9.7 and I'm having trouble again. I don't know if it's device sleeping that is causing the problem or some other glitch, but I am having problems uploading files. It generally works well with single file transfers that it can do in less than 30 seconds or so. Although that appears to hang at times also. The problems aren't nearly as consistent as they were before the 2.9.5 patch

Speaking of which, I can downgrade the app to 2.9.5? That version worked much better.
I have been having a similar problem with my Cheap Business Internet Phone and my transfer stops when my phone goes into sleep mode. Thinking about switching to Business VoIP, so maybe that will help, but in the meantime, I would like to downgrade as well, but I am not sure if there will be any new features if I downgrade to 2.9.5.... like are there any major differences that I am missing out on if I downgrade, because i liked 2.9.5 a lot better.

black7floyd

Post by black7floyd »

I have used this software on my Incredible S. FTP 2.9.4 works on HTC Incredible 2 without any glitches or problems. You can try enabling Wake lock in your phone. This should do the trick. Hope this helps. Thank you!
---------------
spam emails