Copy running-config from Cisco router

FTP client for Android handsets.
bogatyr
AntiSpam sum: 8

Copy running-config from Cisco router

Post by bogatyr »

How can I download the running configuration from a Cisco router? When I connect, it defaults to the flash filesystem so nothing is listed. If I were to use the scp command on Linux I would type in:

scp user@routerip:running-config running-config

How can I do a similar thing? I see the custom command box, but what would I type in? I plan on writing a program to download these configurations automatically (we have 50 or so units) using your AndFTP Pro intents, but I want to see it work in the AndFTP Pro UI first before starting to code so I know it works.

support

Re: Copy running-config from Cisco router

Post by support »

Custom command feature allows to execute a command on your server. It can be any command such as ls, rm, chmod and another scp ... returned message will be displayed in pop-up. Does it help?

bogatyr
AntiSpam sum: 8

Post by bogatyr »

Not really. I also tried using it to connect to my Android device and it has the same issues. I cannot seem to see anything or download anything.

I use QuickSSHd to run the server on my Android device if you want to try and replicate the issue. I can download from it using the SCP command on my Linux box without issue.

I can't seem to do anything over SCP with AndFTP at the moment. I even tried doing this with code using MonoDroid:

Code: Select all

Intent intent = new Intent();
            intent.SetAction(Intent.ActionPick);
            Android.Net.Uri ftpUri = Android.Net.Uri.Parse("scp://192.168.1.149");
            intent.SetDataAndType(ftpUri, @"vnd.android.cursor.dir/lysesoft.andftp.uri");
            intent.PutExtra("command_type", "download");

intent.PutExtra("ftp_username", "root");
            intent.PutExtra("ftp_password", "mypass");

intent.PutExtra("remote_file1", "/sdcard/busybox");
            intent.PutExtra("local_folder", "/sdcard/Download/");

intent.PutExtra("close_ui", "true");
            StartActivityForResult(intent, 1);
Using the same code but replacing the SCP server, username, password and file with one on our regular FTP server works perfectly.

support

Post by support »

Do you have AndFTP Pro? SCP is available in Pro version only.