Download and upload recursively

FTP client for Android handsets.
blairmc98
AntiSpam sum: 8

Download and upload recursively

Post by blairmc98 »

Downloading and uploading recursively does not work as it should. I did purchase the pro version.

Here is my scenario:

Server:

/folder1/subfolder1/subfolder2/file.ext

If I drill down and select file.ext to download it only downloads it to root of the "local dir" I've specified on the connection screen, not to <local dir>/folder1/subfolder1/subfolder2/file.ext - which is what I would expect any FTP program to do.

It does not replicate the file structure, unless you download the entire folder from the root.

Same goes for uploading. If I've got the same structure on the local side and try to upload something several levels deep, it only uploads to the root of <local dir>, and does not create the structure relative to <local dir>.

At the very least, let me choose what folder I want to upload it to, you are not given a choice.

Please tell me I am missing something here, otherwise this software is useless. Surely I'm not the first one to encounter this.

I have searched for clues in the forum, but get this error when searching for words like upload or recursively:

The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words

support

Re: Download and upload recursively

Post by support »

To select target folder on device you have to go switch to local file system, select your folder and switch back to FTP file system to start download. Does it help?

blairmc98

Post by blairmc98 »

No, I want to UPLOAD to the FTP server FROM my SDCARD. When I choose UPLOAD, it only uploads to the root of my FTP Server, not <root>/folder1/folder2 etc.

support

Post by support »

If you go in FTP browser and navigate to the remote target folder before uploading then it should work. Could you try it?

blairmc98

Post by blairmc98 »

Ok, that worked.

That isn't very intuitive.

Maybe on the top line where it says Current: you could list both the current local folder and current remote folder?

Also, on my site I have many folders and when I go deeper into the structure, I'm given the ... on the Current: line at the end, suggest making that wrap and take up vertical space so you can see the entire line. Just like on the download prompt, it wraps the path onto more vertical lines.

There's no real documentation for using the program, although most of it should be easy to figure out, all I could find was the programming API information and the forum of other people's problems. Did I miss something?

support

Post by support »

We've tried to make it intuitive. There are some instructions in forum:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11

Also, for API at:
http://www.lysesoft.com/products/andftp/intent.html

I agree that we should provide some web pages with end-user documentation. It's planned.