Changing Folder once connected

FTP client for Android handsets.
dvdchas
AntiSpam sum: 8

Changing Folder once connected

Post by dvdchas »

I have a number of folders on my ftp site. They are individually setup on the server and point to different physical drives etc. Therefore you can't simply navigate from the root

There doesn't seem to be a way in AndFtp, to manually enter a folder name. It just shows the current folder at the top. The menu just has more advanced features like creating folders, renaming etc.
I'm using the free version. I know the paid one mentions custom commands, but this is more a navigation issue than anything else.

P.S Is it possible to name sites? I could then setup multiple connections to the same site but with different remove folders.

P.P.S. Great App BTW.

support

Re: Changing Folder once connected

Post by support »

Yes, create a FTP configuration with your folder in initial remote folder. Then copy this configuration, update the initial remote folder and save with with another name. Does it help?

dvdchas
AntiSpam sum: 8

Post by dvdchas »

Problem is the hostname is used as the host description. So they'll all have the same name. How can I differentiate?

support

Post by support »

You can modify it before saving. Server name is provided as "alias" but you can modify it.