I've been examining a force-close issue

FTP client for Android handsets.
Davus

I've been examining a force-close issue

Post by Davus »

I've been examining why there's a force close sometimes (like the comment page says), and a reboot makes the error go away. It seem to happen when I do not cleanly disconnect but instead just hit the Home button and continue on with other G1 activities. If I cleanly disconnect, there is no issue.

I tested this by connecting, doing a clean disconnect and loading 8 other programs. I then attempted re-connecting and it was fine. Repeat process. Still good.
Third time, I instead just hit home and loaded the other programs, reloaded andFTP and failed to connect to the SFTP server. Removing and re-adding servers does not help. Perhaps some sort of cleanup needs to occur when the app is abandoned is all, don't know how easy this'll be to fix though.

Also, something that's not too bad: When uploading a file, if I move it somewhere else during upload (acceptable in Unix platforms) the file never 'finishes' uploading. Not really concerned about it though.

~David Edwards

support

Re: I've been examining a force-close issue

Post by support »

Thanks for the feedback. Are you using AndFTP 1.0RC2 ? We fixed a similar connection issue in RC2.

Davus

Re: I've been examining a force-close issue

Post by Davus »

I'm pretty sure I was on RC2 at the time. Now using RC3, going to test the condition again. Will report back. :)

Edit: I'm afraid the issue still exists. Logged in, switched to home, opened like 6 other apps to queue out andftp, and it will not allow me to re-login to any server. I've tried FTP and SFTP alike, but have only been connecting to SFTP servers for the test thus far.