FileZilla and Require TLS Session Resumption feature issue

FTP client for Android handsets.

FileZilla and Require TLS Session Resumption feature issue

Postby Tazzin » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:24 pm

Heys guys,

First off, great job on the AndFTP product. Simple, clean and easy to use. Please note, I'm not a FTP expert by any means so my understanding of FTP is limited if you try to explain anything to me that is in depth.

Issue: Several days ago I installed Filezilla Server on a Windows 10 computer setup via FTPS and TLS. Connecting through Filezillas client from other PC's through Local Lan and internet worked just fine. But connecting via AndFTP either through Wifi local Lan or Internet connection, I could log in but no files or folders were displayed at all. After much searching on the internet I stumbled across something that indicated a resumed data connection could potentially cause issues, this feature option in the Filezilla FTP over TLS Settings called 'Require TLS Session resumption on data connection when using PROT P'. When this is enabled and you connect AndFTP to this server, but you cannot see any files or folders (either LAN or Internet connection based) at anytime although connection is established. Simply disabling this feature fixes that issue and it works as expected where I can see all the files and folders defined for that Home directory.

I would like to enable this FileZilla Server feature to further secure data on resumption, BUT I can't find a way to connect AndFTP to the server with this feature turned on. Is there anything I'm missing to enable or setup in AndFTP app to help account for this additional feature in the server? Please note I am using the free version in case there is a option in the paid version that is not in the free version.

Again, this is a awesome tool guys Thanks again.
Tazzin

Re: FileZilla and Require TLS Session Resumption feature iss

Postby support » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:59 pm

You're not missing anything, AndFTP doesn't support TLS/SSL session reuse because underlying network layer of Android OS does not allow it. This status is an old status because we did check recently if it has been fixed. It's a chance to check now. Could you provide a testing FTP account with TLS Session resumption on data connection enabled? If so, then drop and email to support(at)lysesoft.com
support

Postby scotty74fr » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:58 pm

Hello,
i would like to know if now the AndFtp work fine in Ftp explicit over Tls ? (with Android 4.2.2 version).

Thanks for all response.
scotty74fr

Postby support » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:08 am

Still not.
support

Return to AndFTP

Sitemap | Privacy Statement | Java and all Java-based marks are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sun Microsystems, Inc.
in the U.S. and other countries. All other company and/or product names are the property of their respective owners.