AndFTP and Android 4.4.2 - external card

FTP client for Android handsets.

AndFTP and Android 4.4.2 - external card

Postby jastern » Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:56 am

i am on android 4.4.2 on a samsung galaxy tab 4 7".

i have seen the message (which I know applies to Android 5+) at http://www.lysesoft.com/support/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=25796

but i do not see the external button, and i don't know if I am supposed to see something different or not, using 4.4.2.

in my case, i only see a "browse" button, and i set the local (android) directory to /mnt/extSdCard/.

but when i try to download a file ("10.m4v") from my server via SCP, i get the message,

=====================================================
Downloading...
--------------------------------------------------------
Download failed: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /mnt/extSdCard/10.m4v: open failed: EACCES (Permission denied)

[OK]
=====================================================

what am i doing wrong here?
thank you
-jeff
jastern

Re: AndFTP and Android 4.4.2 - external card

Postby support » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:04 pm

External button is only available in Android 5.0 or higher.
Under 4.4.2 you can only write under specific app folder under external SDCard:
/Android/data/lysesoft.andftp/
support

Re: AndFTP and Android 4.4.2 - external card

Postby jastern » Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:22 am

okay, and thank you, makes sense, and i will try it.

hmm.. i wonder if this brings up an opportunity for improvement though? for an end-user of 4.4.2, there is nothing saying that they should go to that directory, and that there is no way to upload elsewhere (on an external SD card). should i file a bug or feature-request or something, so that some kind of heads-up could be given to pre-5.0 users, saying that they can only upload under that directory, and maybe even take them there, etc etc.?
jastern

Return to AndFTP

Sitemap | Privacy Statement | Java and all Java-based marks are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sun Microsystems, Inc.
in the U.S. and other countries. All other company and/or product names are the property of their respective owners.