AndFTP Hangs on 'Completing Download'

FTP client for Android handsets.

AndFTP Hangs on 'Completing Download'

Postby the_imposter » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:59 pm

Hi,

I've been using AndFTP for a while and for the most part it's been a problem free experience but recently I've started having a problem whereby at the end of downloading one file AndFTP hangs on the 'Completing Download' section, despite the fact that it does download the file as they are there and playable when I look in the file manager. I had a Google and Forum search prior to this post but I only found a few from 2010 or so and there were no solutions given as far as I could see.

This happens on WiFi and I'm using a Nexus 7 running Android 4.4.4
the_imposter

Re: AndFTP Hangs on 'Completing Download'

Postby support » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:41 am

Did the transfer last more than 15 minutes? There could be a problem with FTP server command channel timeout.
support

Postby support » Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:05 pm

Usually this problem occurs when the command channel timeout is reached. FTP uses 2 channel, one for command and another for data. When you download a large file, TCP packets go through the data channel, however, the command channel is still open to receive further commands. Some FTP server have command channel timeout to 15 minutes so if download last more than 15 minutes then you get this behavior. It's not a major problem, just click back to disconnect and then reconnect. The file is downloaded without any error.
support

Postby support » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:53 am

An option has been added to try to keep alive the command channel opened while uploading/downloading. You can enable it in Expert settings (see screenshot).
keepalive.png
Control Keep Alive
keepalive.png (41.9 KiB) Viewed 3201 times
support

Return to AndFTP

Sitemap | Privacy Statement | Java and all Java-based marks are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sun Microsystems, Inc.
in the U.S. and other countries. All other company and/or product names are the property of their respective owners.