With android; works with Wi-Fi on only.

FTP client for Android handsets.
mcorman
AntiSpam sum: 8

With android; works with Wi-Fi on only.

Post by mcorman »

My internet provider (ATMC.NET) provides me with a ftp service to a small volume where I can store files. I use it all the time with PCs. I have set up AndFTP and works fine from my android phone as long as I am connected to a Wi-Fi. If I turn Wi-Fi off on my phone, i receive EHOSTUNREACH (No Route to Host). I have tried active and passive with the same results. I have changed the port number to 80, but it hangs (even with wi-fi on). I have tried ports 443 and 2020, but recieve similar messages.

I have searched google, and have seen some posts where using nMap is recommended, but I don't know what all of that means. Where do I start?

R/M.David

support

Re: With android; works with Wi-Fi on only.

Post by support »

Did you try to setup IP address in server field instead of hostname?

roseuz
AntiSpam sum: 8

Re: With android; works with Wi-Fi on only.

Post by roseuz »

Though this has been answered, I wanted to offer more details.

When you are connecting via your cellphone's network, you need the to change the hostname to the public ip address of the computer you are trying to access from your phone.

Do a Google search for your ip address (what is my ip), and then enter that into the HostName Field. You will need to use that when connecting via your cellphone's network.

When connecting wirelessly to the same network as the computer you are trying to access, you need to use your current hostname (i.e what you get when you do ipconfig in a cmd prompt.)