Files beginning with a dot

FTP client for Android handsets.
webcon
AntiSpam sum: 8

Files beginning with a dot

Post by webcon »

Hello,

I'm evaluating AndFTP v3.1 (free version on GS3) and I'm not able to see files that begin with a dot. I noticed that when doing a directory listing, AndFTP is using LIST and I saw this post (viewtopic.php?t=343) that referred to MSLD.

Did the MSLD feature get removed from the 3.1 version or am I doing something wrong?

I can see files and folder on the local file system that start with a dot, just not remotely.

Thanks.

support

Re: Files beginning with a dot

Post by support »

MLSD is used only if your FTP server supports it. Make sure you did not disable "FEAT" support in advanced option. If it's not disabled then AndFTP will send FEAT request to know if MLSD is supported. If not then it uses LIST command.

Also, make sure you have "show hidden files" enabled in options too.

webcon
AntiSpam sum: 8

Post by webcon »

Turns out my server does not support the MSLD command. The server is a Rackspace CloudSites FTP server and does appear to support the LIST -al command to view hidden files. Any chance that AndFTP will support the -al command in the future or is this support in the paid version?

Until that happens, I guess I'm stuck using the ES File Explorer app which does use the -al currently.

Thanks.

support

Post by support »

Will see how to add this, send an email to support(at)lysesoft(dot)com to get a testing version

support

Post by support »

LIST -al option implemented in 3.2
list_options.png
list_options.png (18.04 KiB) Viewed 6928 times