Sync problem

FTP client for Android handsets.
marble
AntiSpam sum: 8

Sync problem

Post by marble »

Hi,

I have the paid version of AndFTP. I have an entry with a local dir and a remote dir, and I've set it to automatically sync each morning. However, it doesn't work. If I manually go to sync, it lists the files that it should sync, but when I select 'Proceed' it just says Local files uploaded 0/2 (or however many should have been uploaded) then lists the files in red.
If I connect, select the files to upload, and select 'Upload files' then it transfers the files correctly, with no problem - but I really want the automated sync to work. Is there any way I can try to track down why it doesn't upload the files with the sync option?

Thanks.

support

Re: Sync problem

Post by support »

Could you try to update to AndFTP 3.1? If it stll fails could you provide a testing FTP account so we could reproduce the problem? You can send it to support(at)lysesoft(dot)com

marble
AntiSpam sum: 8

Re: Sync problem

Post by marble »

Hi,

I set up a test account, but as I was checking to make sure it exhibited the same problem, I discovered that it worked. Checking the differences in settings between the working account and the non-working one, I found that for the 'sync' option to work, the remote dir MUST be a full path. Manual uploads work with a relative path, but when syncing it doesn't. I've added '/home/phonebackup/' in front of the remote dirs, and it now works.

Please consider adding more useful messages when things fail, though. I'm sure this could have been easier to resolve!

Thanks,
marble.