Explicit FTP over TLS/SSL not displaying remote folder

FTP client for Android handsets.
wheaties82
AntiSpam sum: 8

Explicit FTP over TLS/SSL not displaying remote folder

Post by wheaties82 »

I have a working pure-ftpd server that is configured for FTPES. It works on my internal network as well as external to my network (via NAT). I have tested this with multiple FTP clients on Windows and Linux.

When I used AndFTP to connect to the server (note same behavior happens regardless if I am on internal network or if I am external) I see an odd behavior. The login occurs successfully but the contents of the folder are not displayed. The message log reveals no errors -- the last line shown is

PASV
227 Entering Passive Mode (192,168,3,251,196,212)
[Replacing site local address 192.168.3.251 with 173.XXX.XXX.XXX] (WAN Address)
MLSD

And then nothing else occurs, no file directory is shown. If I attempt a refresh of the directory I see an error message that says "Write error: ssl=0x183f3e8: Failure in SSL library, usually a protocol error"

I am using version 2.9.9.2 on Android 4.0.3.

If this didn't work from a PC/Linux client then I would suspect something with NAT or SSL libraries on server, however it is only from AndFTP on Android that I am seeing this problem.

Any suggestions? I would really like to get this working so I can have FTPES access from my mobile device.

support

Re: Explicit FTP over TLS/SSL not displaying remote folder

Post by support »

Are you using reuse-ssl option in FTP server?

wheaties82

Post by wheaties82 »

I am honestly not sure how to check -- I am having a hard time finding anything on their documentation regarding on how to enable this option or check to see if this is enabled.

If there was an SSL issue with not being able to establish a session, shouldn't also manifest itself when using a desktop FTP client? I am always using Filezilla client and have never had this issue.

sharper

Post by sharper »

I am also experiencing problems with ftpes. I am able to connect, but performance is sporadic with frequent freezes. I am connecting to a Cerberus ftp server that I have never had problems with post configuration. Desktop ftp clients connect fine with identical to AndFTP configurations. I am using a Galaxy S3 with 4.0.4 and suspect and issue with an underlying library as I tried other android ftp clients with similar results. I would love to hear that I was wrong and just missed the "stop random failure" switch in the config pane. Any help is appreciated.