Share option from Gallery

FTP client for Android handsets.
bcsander
AntiSpam sum: 8

Share option from Gallery

Post by bcsander »

I love the share option out of Gallery, but I get "Upload failed. Transfer failed" when trying to use AndFTP from Gallery.

In AndFTP, the same saved profile works fine for sending the same image files using the AndFTP browser.

Any ideas as to what might be happening?

bcsander

Re: Share option from Gallery

Post by bcsander »

I get to answer my own question!

The FTP target directory was being specified by the username. That information was being passed when using the AndFTP app, but it was not being passed when using the "share" option in Gallery. I changed my profile to include the target directory and everything seems to be working fine.

Silver Hawk

Post by Silver Hawk »

Can't get this to work at all...can anyone see what I'm doing wrong:

1) choose photo in Gallery
2) Share Using AndFTP
3) Select my one-and-only FTP profile
4) Then get "Upload failed: null"

The profile is an SFTP one and works fine in AndFTP. I'm using AndFTP 2.9.6 on Android 2.3.3 on a Samsung Galaxy S II.

Jean-claude Pouille

Post by Jean-claude Pouille »

Bonjour,

Même problème que Silver Hawk, la fonction "partage" de la galerie ne fonctionne pas.
Même configuration avec Galaxy S.
Androïd 2.3.3
AndFTP 2.9.6
Si quelqu'un a une idée...
Merci

support

Post by support »

Did you setup an initial remote folder in AndFTP settings? It might be the problem. If you did not define an initial folder with write permissions then you will have this error.

Error

Post by Error »

same problem for me. I have set up a folder on the remote machine, gave it 777 permissions, have selected this folder inside andftp for this accout. I'm using scp. When I'm taking a picture and try to upload it from the gallyery it doesn't fully upload the picture. The file is created on the server but it stays at 0kb size. I can see the successbar going from 0 to 100%, sometimes I can even read something like "upload done" but afterwards I get the message "tranfer failed" (or similar - it's set to German on my phone).

I found out that if I use much smaller pictures (cropped to some pixels) upload via scp works successfully. So there's a timeout probably in the way. Please fix this - 2mb pictures are pretty much standard and I also want to be able to upload vidoes. I never had timeouts on a linux machine using scp - not even using a modem, so it's definitely a problem in the app.