Andftp hangs on "Completing Uploading"

FTP client for Android handsets.
Ricky Babalu
AntiSpam sum: 8

Andftp hangs on "Completing Uploading"

Post by Ricky Babalu »

After completion, AndFtp hangs on the "Completing Upload". Is there a fix for this?
Phone: Droid X
Core FTP

support

Re: Andftp hangs on "Completing Uploading"

Post by support »

Could you provide a testing FTP account so we can reproduce the problem?
If so then send it to support(at)lysesoft(dot)com

Ricky Babalu

Post by Ricky Babalu »

Thank you for the response. I went ahead and hit cancel, then I checked to see if the 32MB file had been uploaded. Sure enough it had uploaded fine. So I tried uploading a second file that was 35MB and that also gave me the same result: It hangs at "Completing Uploading". I waited for awhile and finally hit cancel again, and then checked to see if it had uploaded. It also uploaded fine. I uploaded third file at 7MB and this one did not "hang" like the previous 2. It seems to be a glitch that occurs when file sizes are larger. Again, they all uploaded fine. The 2 large files just would "hang" so I had to hit the "cancel" button in order to complete the upload.
:? :? :? :? :? :? :?

support

Post by support »

It looks like FTP command channel timeout. How long was the upload? More than 15 minutes? Could you check command channel timeout value on your FTP server?

Ricky Babalu

Post by Ricky Babalu »

I will check. I do not recall the amount of time it took, but I can say it was not very long; Less then 5 minutes.

***I do not think it is the "FTP command channel timeout" because I upload large files all the time on my PC (typically 75MB or larger) with no problems.

songjam

Post by songjam »

I also meet the same problem via GPRS, but it's ok by WiFi or WLAN.