1.0RC2 SFTP Bug:

FTP client for Android handsets.
Jondice

1.0RC2 SFTP Bug:

Post by Jondice »

Hi, here are a few bugs I noticed while trying 1.0RC2.

****Force Closes on application switch****

I'm not sure if this is a bug with AndFTP or related to a bug in pre-Cupcake android builds (i'm a bit out of the loop).

The behavior is as follows:

First instance:
Transferring multiple ~3 megabyte files is going fine. I press "Home" to start another app, in this case "OI Shopping List". I notice that the AndFTP icon is no longer in the status bar at the top of the screen. I hold down "Home" to get the "alt-tab"-like menu and choose AndFTP, at which point I have to press "Force Close" 4 times before AndFTP brings me back to the main menu of the program, but curiously my saved servers aren't listed. On starting AndFTP from the applications menu again, my saved servers are once again available. In fact, this force close & server list missing issue seems to happen any time AndFTP force closes.

After repeating more trials I'm starting to think this bug is merely an instance of the WiFi bug below (I probably disconnected the G1 from power, causing WiFi to be automatically turned off).

****Wifi Enabled/Disabled causes AndFTP to force close while transferring files*****

Just as it says; I know AndFTP isn't the only program to have had trouble with this, including the chat services provided by Google (though I believe they fixed it in the latest update: RC33).

support

Re: 1.0RC2 SFTP Bug:

Post by support »

Thanks for the feedback. We're going to try to reproduce it.

Jondice

Re: 1.0RC2 SFTP Bug:

Post by Jondice »

Another possible bug:

After transferring files for a while over WiFi, I came back and checked on the phone and noticed it had force closed. After AndFTP attempted to recover, it pops up a window saying "Uploading ..." with 0% progress and the buttons [OK] and [Cancel] (cancel is grayed out) even though I was downloading. If I press OK, the popup goes away but nothing else happens; I have to restart the Action by going to the Apps list and clicking AndFTP.