Recovery from "Broken pipe" when using Intent

FTP client for Android handsets.
larce
AntiSpam sum: 8

Recovery from "Broken pipe" when using Intent

Post by larce »

I am having problems uploading files to a ftp server from an Android phone. I am using Intents from inside my own application, as described elsewhere on this forum.

Most of the time, things work nicely. Sometimes the transfer fails, for whatever reason (slow connection etc). After a failed transfer, all following transfers also fails, even after stopping and restarting my application. The only way to recover is to manually start AndFTP and to manually cycle connect/disconnect one or two times.

The error messages displayed are "SocketErrorException in net.java.com" (or something like that), "Broken pipe" and of course the laconic "Transfer failed". Same problem using different phones, different connections and different servers.

It seems as if AndFTP has difficulty in recovering from a fail state in the connection state sequence. I have tried various combinations of the "Active/Passive" and "Resume" flags with essentially no difference in this behaviour.

Any ideas?
Lars

kagayaki
AntiSpam sum: 8

Re: Recovery from "Broken pipe" when using Intent

Post by kagayaki »

Hi, i had same problem about big file transfering can't resume when connection failed.

and i'm glad dat i found one quite funny solution ownself and wanna share with u all.

at first, let's know how was the bug of dat.
when we use andftp to transfer big file with faile connection, after reconnected, the first file to be transfer will be regconized NEW file by andftp ownself.

the solution:
wn we use andftp to transfer big file with faile connection, after reconnected, let's use another file (wat ever file u want) to transfer and cancel transfer, and select the file u wanna resume dat one to transfer, it should be successful to resume. coz i used this method tried many times and no fails of resume.

i hope my poor english can let u all understand.

here is my blog article dat written about andftp bug and solution. thank you.

http://kagayakikun.com/2011/06/23/andftp/