Directories won't list contents, and "No suitable cert..."

FTP client for Android handsets.
lfitz
AntiSpam sum: 8

Re: Directories won't list contents, and "No suitable cert..."

Post by lfitz »

if you could try again, the server *should* be working. allowing for connections in filezilla, however, i still get "no suitable certificate found" in AndFTP.

support

Post by support »

Ok, it's better with filezilla. It connects in Android emulator but the error is now "unable to open data connection: Operation not permitted".

lfitz

Post by lfitz »

do you think this is server side? or client side? as mentioned before, i can connect in andftp 1.6 but it says "no suitable certificates found" maybe the error you posted is the reason why we dont find any certificates...

support

Post by support »

I've made a test under Nexus One and the error is about SSL now. How did you generate your SSL certificate on your FTP server?

lfitz

Post by lfitz »

I had an error in the tls/ssl log, and it recommended another directive to use.

i restarted the server with this new directive in, maybe it will work for you, however it did not work for me.

i will recreate the ssl certificates and post again, but maybe you could try with the new directive in effect. :?:

support

Post by support »

Same problem with the new directive. It works in emulator and it fails on real device.

speedkx

Post by speedkx »

Hi,
I can confirm problem. Running vsftpd on an ubuntu machine. Certificate was the one provided by openssl. PC clients work well, but in And directories do not list and I get the "No suitable..." message. Any hints?

ttc1

Post by ttc1 »

Experiencing the same problem here even with no SSL.
Using vsftpd on Ubuntu 10.04
Running andFTP on Moto Milestone (canadian version), latest update Android 2.01. (TELUS)

I created a test account if you need it to test.

The fpt server is running well and accessible from another PC on local network using FileZila 3.3.2 under Win7.
Tested thru WiFi on same local network and thru a different network, connecting to my ftp server thru internet. All is working well. (using the Milestone with andFTP)

It seems that it is only thru my celphone provider network that it is not working.
It seems to hang right after the message "227 Entering Passive Mode (***.***.***.***.***.**))
The LIST command is never issued.

Any idea?

support

Post by support »

Your FTP server provides internal IP address which is not reachable. There are 2 solutions:
1 - Fix your FTP configuration to provide external address.
2 - We implement a fallback solution to use external address when this issue occurs (it has been added to the wish list)

ttc1

Post by ttc1 »

Thanks for the reply.
But still, no avail.
I specified my external IP in VSFTPD with the line "pasv_address=" and it still blocks at the same place, "227 Entering Passive Mode (***.***.***.***.***.***). It is seeing the IP address I specified in VSFTPD.conf

I am using andFTP v1.9
And I should note that I am using DynDNS to access my PC remotely, I dunno if this makes a difference or not.

Again, as mentionned in my previous post, I can access my FTP server from the internet and local network.
I tested using ES File Explorer v1.4.4.1, I can access my FTP server thru the 3G network with it.
There seems to be something preventing andFTP to access my FTP server thru the 3G network.