Other Column not Showing Up in Permissions

FTP client for Android handsets.
sprkyjtm
AntiSpam sum: 8

Other Column not Showing Up in Permissions

Post by sprkyjtm »

I downloaded this app last night, and it worked wonderfully for my initial testing...

However, today I tried to upload something to my webserver and change its permissions, and ran into a snag. The permissions dialog box only shows the options for the owner and the group... No other column. When I tested it last night, I had the option, but today, nothing.

What am I doing wrong?

support

Re: Other Column not Showing Up in Permissions

Post by support »

Do you have any error? You can enable crash report in "Options" section. Try again and see if AndFTP prompts for a crash report. I've just tested permissions with our FTP server and it works fine.

sprkyjtm

Post by sprkyjtm »

No errors. I've enabled crash reporting, and it still works fine with that one exception.

I tried logging on to 3 different FTP servers, and no change. I'm the owner of all the files that I've tried changing, and the servers are not preventing me from changing the permissions.

support

Post by support »

Maybe you could provide a FTP testing account so we can see if we can reproduce the problem.

sprkyjtm

Post by sprkyjtm »

Sorry for the delayed response. I unfortunately cannot, because my server(s) are only accessible from a local network for security purposes. I had been logging on via wireless. I think that it's a permissions issue with my server. Since I seem to be the only one with the problem, and the app still fills its roll for me, don't worry about it.