Can't get dir list

FTP client for Android handsets.
nickalexander
AntiSpam sum: 8

Can't get dir list

Post by nickalexander »

I'm running AndFTP 1.4 on my Moto Droid (2.1-update1). As the subject states I can't get a directory listing from my ProFTPD server running on Ubuntu 9.10 from my Droid. I can get a directory listing from my laptop running Windows 7 using the Firefox browser no problem. I can also go up directories and send/recieve files. None of which I can do using AndFTP on my Droid. I've tried about everything I could think to do.. running in passive mode using the passive port range specified in my ProFTPD config files, creating a specific FTP user and group with it's own directory and still nothing.
Last edited by nickalexander on Thu May 13, 2010 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

support

Re: Can't get dir list

Post by support »

When entering the passive mode, it reports 192.168.1.200 for IP address. This address seems to be local to your network and not visible from Internet. Could you check this?

nickalexander

Post by nickalexander »

It is the address of my linux ftp server on my local network. However port 21 is open to that machine through my router and this is also the dmz host on my network. What you said would make sense to me how ever this server runs without a hitch from any browser on any machine I have tested it on. For some reason I just cant get it to function using AndFTP.

support

Post by support »

Did you try with ACTIVE mode?

nickalexander

Post by nickalexander »

Sure did.. did you try active mode with the u/p I provided?

nickalexander

Post by nickalexander »

Also.. I am getting error "425 Unable to build data connection: Connection timed out" from AndFTP.

nickalexander

Post by nickalexander »

My fault.. kind of.. I forgot to uncomment the passive port # line in my config file and now I can get the dir list and do everything I need to do from my Droid.. YAY!! Don't know why it wont work in active mode but oh well. Thanks for any time and headache!