not thrusted server certificate

FTP client for Android handsets.
trinorae
AntiSpam sum: 8

not thrusted server certificate

Post by trinorae »

Hello

I've been using AndFTP for quiet some time now. It works very well for the server I was using it for,but today I was travelling by train and wanted to revise some things I made for school earlier today. I was very happy when I noticed that AndFTP supports TLS/SSL.. but when I tried to use it I got an exception: SSLException: not thrusted server certificate.. I know you get this sort of message too when you connect with FileZilla, but then you can just allow the certificate.. is it possible to do this with AndFTP too somehow?

support

Re: not thrusted server certificate

Post by support »

Could you provide a testing FTP account so I could check what's wrong ?
Also, which Android version are you using ?

jayfitt

Post by jayfitt »

I get the same error using either IIS FTP or FileZilla servers setup using a self generated certificate. The error message is "No suitable certificates found" after login.

If you need a test account my box please let me know.

Thanks-
Jason

bgovern

Post by bgovern »

I'm having the same problem too. I have a couple of homegrown servers that I use to backup homework on, serve music when I'm away from home, etc., and I used the certificate generating feature of FileZilla server. It works good enough for my purposes, but its not issued by any authority, so most FTP clients will flag the cert as bad, and ask if you want to continue. AndFTP, despite being by far the best FTP client for the Android operating system, doesn't seem to offer the option of continuing when it detects a bad certificate.

If the developers need test account where this happens to experiment, e-mail me and I will be glad to set-up a test account on one of my servers for you guys to play with.

stoli

Post by stoli »

Hi,

I'm new in this forum, so at first a big hello to everyone.

I have absolutly the same problem.

Using FTPS i got this error message "java.net.ssl.SSLException: Not trusted Server certificate".

I'm using AndFTP 1.3 on the HTC Legend (Android 2.1). Is it possible to put the certificate manually to the phone? It will be very nice if you're able to fix this.

Kind regards,
stoli

support

Post by support »

Could you provide a testing FTP account?

support

Post by support »

Fixed in AndFTP 1.4.