Authentication attempt 1 2 3=====> 530

FTP client for Android handsets.
debizaemon
AntiSpam sum: 8

Authentication attempt 1 2 3=====> 530

Post by debizaemon »

Ok this is driving me a bit loopy but I have exhaustively tested this out.

It is completely irrelevant if the ftp server is windows 2003 or linux, I have tried over ip or dns resolved name, internal server and external server, anonymous or account. Anyway you get the idea but the end result is still the same I get 3 authentication attempts which all fail and give me big fat 530.

I am really trying to connect my htc magic android 1.6 to my windows 2003 IIS machine with my account. Admin or anon don`t even work if I enable that. Has anyone had the dreaded 530 no matter what they try to connect to???

Just wondering if this is new with 1.2

support

Re: Authentication attempt 1 2 3=====> 530

Post by support »

Drop and email with testing FTP account to support(at)lysesoft(dot)com. We will try it to see if something is wrong.

debizaemon
AntiSpam sum: 8

Re: Authentication attempt 1 2 3=====> 530

Post by debizaemon »

Hmmmm also very sorry for time wasting. As it happens I have resolved the issue and it was neither your ftp client nor the server but with simeji IME that somehow put invisible spaces in the credentials. Most annoying however resolved. It works perfectly and I have to say I am extremely happy with your client.

Sorry about but up until then I had really tried all combos I could think of so I posted.
Thanks for your support anyhow.