FTP image problem

FTP client for Android handsets.
Dmoralize
AntiSpam sum: 8

FTP image problem

Post by Dmoralize »

Let me first say that this isn't really a message concerning any problem with your AndFTP Program. It seems to be an general FTP problem. I tried posting about it on some forums with no luck and figured you might have some insight.

There appears to be some sort of mystery issue when downloading images via FTP in Android.

My brother first showed me this with his Eris. He connected to a server using the AndFTP program and downloaded the images that were there. Those images appear on his sdcard when viewed through a file management program and they will even open and be viewable. However, they do not appear in his image gallery program. It's as if it doesn't even recognize that they exist.

Fast forward to this afternoon. I tried using a program called FTPServer on my Droid. It turns my droid into an FTP Server and I connect to it from my PC. I transfer a few image files (1 jpg and 1 png). They show up in my file manager and I can open and view them. However, they do not appear in my image gallery. The folder just appears empty.

I can obviously get around this problem at the moment by just plugging the droid into the computer and transferring them via usb. But it is a curious issue that seems to be affecting the android platform in general.

Any ideas? I'd appreciate any insight.

support

Re: FTP image problem

Post by support »

I think it's a matter if MediaScanner:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=109

Gallery needs the media scanner to be triggered to add a new image. We plan to add this feature in AndFTP (see the wish list thread).

Dmoralize
AntiSpam sum: 8

Re: FTP image problem

Post by Dmoralize »

Ahhhh, that's absolutely it. I unmount and remount the sdcard and there they are. Hadn't even crossed my mind to try that.

Thanks!