Wish list for AndFTP

FTP client for Android handsets.
srinisvald
AntiSpam sum: 8

Monkeyrunner sample code for ftp upload/download

Post by srinisvald »

I would like to invoke ftp upload and download operations using monkeyrunner script. Is there any sample code to set intent parameters?
I have gone through your intent page but could not able to figure out how to set component value.
Here is my code.

extras = {"ftp_username" : "srinisvald", "ftp_password" : "xxxx-xxxx", "local_file1" : "/sdcard/sample.txt", "command_type" : "upload"}
activity = "UPLOAD_FILES_REQUEST"
package = "vnd.android.cursor.dir/lysesoft.andftp.uri"
runcomponent = package + "//" + activity
uri = "ftp://67.205.91.17"
action = "ACTION_PICK"
device.startActivity(uri = uri, action=action, component = runcomponent, extras = extras)

This doesn't work?
I apprecite any clues on this?

BR
Srini

rserling

Re: Wish list for AndFTP

Post by rserling »

sync option: delete remote files on successful retrieval. please.

kpitest

Post by kpitest »

Hi,

In AndFTP, i want to check the transfer status, transfer time, transfer amount and transfer size using adb commands.

I was able to upload and download contents using adb commands.

Regards,
KPI

Indivisible

Post by Indivisible »

1. Adding my support for better info on recursive downloads. I suppose it would mean walking the file tree in advance but if you wanted to keep the workload to a minimum even going one level deep would be of massive benefit.

eg: One folder selected for download containing 5 sub directories and 5 files. Overall progress bar could ignore the contents of the child folders and just have 10 items. Primary file progress bar would remain as it currently is.

2. Persistent notification.

Make the on-going notification persistent so that it cannot be accidentally cleared by doing an full clear of the notification drawer's contents and thus killing the transfer.

3. +1 for completion notifications. I'm currently doing this with tasker but a built in system would allow for better handling/info/differentiation of things such as failed due to io exceptions, completed successfully, disk full.

4. Automatic transfer cancellation on low battery. Stop any on-going transfers if the battery drops below a user specified level.

5. Complete transfer after this file completes.

When queuing multiple large files for transfer you sometimes realise you don't have the time to allow it to complete all transfers but do want as many full files as possible. A check box on the transfer status dialog to close the connection after the current file has completed would be nice to have to save having to manually monitor the progress or cancel the current queue and restart with only the current file (assuming resume is enabled)

--------------

That's all I can think of for the moment.
Not sure if 2 counts as a bug or not.

Also, thanks a lot for the app, it's one of my favourites around.

Indivisible

Post by Indivisible »

Typical me. Write all that and forget the one feature I can here to suggest in the first place!

0. Notification progress bar.
I'd love to be able to track the transfer progress from the notification dropdown.

Current file, overall progress or perhaps a user customizable combination of the two.

Sorry for the double post but couldn't edit my earlier one due to the required mod approval.

roseuz

Re: Wish list for AndFTP: Edit Name and Cancel Connection

Post by roseuz »

1) I would like there to be an option to edit the FTP Server / Settings Name.

Once one chooses a name, there is no way to change it.

2) A way to cancel a connection that never connects.
Currently there is no way and in the end, the app freezes.

When I try to connect to my computer but using a hostname that would only work if I were connecting wirelessly with the same network as my pc instead of using a hostname that would work only when using my cellphone's network, the following happens:

1) It displays on the bottom right: Connect 192.168.x.x
2) In the middle, it displays my server name, and then the message Connecting, Please Wait
3) It never connects
4) When I press the back button on my phone, I am taken to the program's home screen. Anything I press there is unresponsive.
5) A message then pops up saying: AndFTP is not responding. Would you like to close it? Then below it are the words: Wait, Report, OK.

This is on a phone running Android 4.0.

pai25

Post by pai25 »

I have used this software on my Incredible S. FTP 2.9.4 works on HTC Incredible 2 without any glitches or problems. You can try enabling Wake lock in your phone. This should do the trick. Hope this helps this time too.