Wish list for AndFTP

FTP client for Android handsets.
tartopom06
AntiSpam sum: 8

Re: Wish list for AndFTP

Post by tartopom06 »

First of all : THANK YOU for the FTP intent. This is very useful.

would it be possible that you add the possibility to close automatically the popup window (containing the progress bar) that appears when you download or upload a file. This can be made as a parameter to the intent.

many thanks

support

Post by support »

Yes, I'm adding it to wishlist

snowboarding12

Post by snowboarding12 »

Ability to schedule folders/files synchronize over ftp
My main use would be to sync music and videos to my phone from my computer overnight.

Some suggestions for options:
-which ftp session to use
-folder(s) to sync
-enable wifi if not on
-sync over wifi only
-only sync when charging
-schedule
-timeout period
-resume(disconnect/reconnect) # times if failure

support

Re: Wish list for AndFTP - close UI after transfer

Post by support »

"close_ui" option added in 1.5

- "close_ui" support added to Intent to close Activity after transfer.
- TRANSFERSTATUS string available in returned Intent
Values can be: UNKNOWN, COMPLETED, FAILED, CANCELLED.

Sample at the bottom of homepage: http://www.lysesoft.com/products/andftp/index.html

mattkatz

Post by mattkatz »

Hi - using AndFTP and loving it.
For uploading photos, I think the gallery would give a better work flow. It is easier to choose files based on the image rather than the filename.
When browsing in the gallery there is a "Share" option. It would be nice to have andftp allow this share to send the filename to andftp so I can either share to a preset connection or upload location or just let andftp connect and then choose an upload location.

Also - thanks very much for andftp, it is a great application. This is just icing.

Gekko

Post by Gekko »

how about -

1. ability to designate a FILE FOLDER PATH on the SD Card for the FTP download? unless i'm missing something, right now when you download from the FTP server to your Android phone the file hits the top level of the SD Card. it would be nice to be able to designate a folder destination on the SD card OR at minimum can we can designate in the options a "DEFAULT DOWNLOAD FOLDER" location for all downloaded files? the latter may be much easier for you to add.

2. Remember FTP server USER NAME? Also the OPTION to remember both User Name and Password? some people may not want this but the option would be nice.

3. Auto Disconnect. Disconnect from server after X Minutes of inactivity.

THANKS FOR THE GREAT SOFTWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

support

Post by support »

#1 and #2 are already available when you setup a FTP account. Don't you see username, password and local folder?

Gekko

Post by Gekko »

support wrote:#1 and #2 are already available when you setup a FTP account. Don't you see username, password and local folder?
my apologies! i see it now! i had quickly set up my accounts many days ago and must have quickly bypassed those options when setting up the account. then after i set it up i didn't realize they were there because they are essentially hidden behind the "edit" FTP account setting.

anyway - this is PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS GREAT SOFTWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE DOING GOD'S WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE HELPING PEOPLE ALL OVER THE WORLD BE SO MUCH MORE PRODUCTIVE AND EFFICIENT! NOW WE ARE PLAYING WITH POWER!

GOOD KARMA FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

earthwormjeff

Post by earthwormjeff »

Hello, I could not find a list of commands that can be used from the intent. I am looking for creating directories but I can't find the command to do that.
Thank you.

support

Post by support »

When you're logged in on your FTP server. Menu -> Create folder.