Wish list for AndFTP

FTP client for Android handsets.
earthwormjeff
AntiSpam sum: 8

Re: Wish list for AndFTP

Post by earthwormjeff »

I wish to create directories from the not using AndFTP GUI but the intent of AndFTP in order to create multiple directories automaticaly.

support

Post by support »

Added to the official wish list.

Jon8RFC

Post by Jon8RFC »

Keep screen on only if wifi enabled.

Since Android goes into wifi power save mode when the screen turns off, my connection drops and it inevitably screws up andftp for me, completely. I run into this problem:
java.net socket exception no route to host
Until I reboot the phone and start fresh.

Just a "keep screen on" would be nice, but to help save battery, if it could be conditional, and only stay on when wifi is enabled, that would be outstanding!

Love the program, by the way! This is making modding my phone much more pleasant since I don't have to connect with USB on and off so often to grab files each time I change them. Where's your donate version?

earthwormjeff

Post by earthwormjeff »

support wrote:Added to the official wish list.
thank you

Hoejbjerre

Post by Hoejbjerre »

Great app, works great most of the time.

'Most of the time' because it it missing lack of support for Charset 'Western Europe/Latin1' and 'Slavic/Latin2' - most countries in Europe have special chars contained in their language, and these chars are of course in use when music artists name their tracks ;)

AndFTP won't read folders containing these chars and the application fails on trying to download any file containing these. In Denmark where I live it's like æ, ø and å (Don't know I you can read them). In Germany they use like ü a lot.

Yes, I'm fully aware that AndFTP doesn't support this yet, but I guess you can please a few million european users by adding support for these charset.

My own QNAP NAS with Samba FTP server supports this, and propably a lot of other FTP servers does too.

So, please put in in your wishlist bowl

Have a nice weekend

support

Post by support »

Try UTF8 in advanced tab.

haku

Post by haku »

I would very much like an auto reconnect feature. When I download large files the connection always breaks sooner or later, so if AndFTP would try to reestablish the connection with the same creditantials entered on login that would be awesome (with customizable retry times and time intervals, of course :)))

This could be an additional feature provided only by the pro version. That could boost your pro sales.)

Pretty decent app anyway, keep up the good work!

secrice

Post by secrice »

I want to use AndFTP to test network throughput. But it's not displaying throughput result in bottom log.

Make the logs like this..

226 Fild send OK. (400 KB/s, 123 secs)

Thanks!!

hwaitung

Post by hwaitung »

snowboarding12 wrote:Ability to schedule folders/files synchronize over ftp
My main use would be to sync music and videos to my phone from my computer overnight.

Some suggestions for options:
-which ftp session to use
-folder(s) to sync
-enable wifi if not on
-sync over wifi only
-only sync when charging
-schedule
-timeout period
-resume(disconnect/reconnect) # times if failure
I will certainly second these features. It will be very useful to have scheduled sync, or sync every xx hours in the background. This actually makes andftp kind of like a cloud storage client.

Thanks!!

robto

Post by robto »

Hi,

Fisrt of all, thanks for the great app!!!

My wishes : )

1.- In Sync process: posibility to see the list of files to be added, updated and deleted, to confirm or cancel syncronizacion.
2.- Something complex but nice would be the possibility of two-directions syncronization.
3.- Posibility to modify connection friendly names.
4.- Possibility to change server list order.

Thanks and kind regards.