Wish list for AndFTP

FTP client for Android handsets.

Re: Wish list for AndFTP

Postby daveyah » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:02 pm

I would like parallel file transfers.
daveyah

Postby mangus580 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:54 am

My primary use for AndFTP is to transfer audio books to my phone. One issue I run into, is sometimes the transfer gets stopped. At that point I have to start the whole folder over again, and start from scratch. This method makes it so I have to download all the files over again, even the ones that are fully completed. This causes wasted data transfer.

It would be nice if we had the option to choose 'overwrite if newer'. Similar to Filezilla.
mangus580

Postby ssgupta » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:45 am

Split Screen Showing Both Local and Remote Directories

Must for efficient use. May not be for phones but must for tablets. Thanks.
ssgupta

Postby support » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:24 am

Added in wishlist
support

Postby OrganiseTheChaos » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:14 pm

Download the contents of folders in alphabetical/numerical order

Sometimes things go wrong with downloads. It is easier to solve problems with downloads if the downloads are organised in an easy to read and troubleshoot format.
OrganiseTheChaos

Postby intime » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:52 pm

Great program. One complaint, the window that shows output from server is very very small and only shows one line at a time on my tablet. Is there any way to adjust the size?
Also what about allowing standard ssh commands in that window instead of having to enter them as custom commands?
intime

Postby flall » Wed May 27, 2015 9:46 pm

mangus580 wrote:I have to starIl the whole folder over again, and start from scratch. This method makes it so I have to download all the files over again, even the ones that are fully completed. This causes wasted data transfer.

It would be nice if we had the option to choose 'overwrite if newer'. Similar to Filezilla.

I have a 256k connection. ( I know, It's a shame ).
For me, this option will be an extrem gain of time.
3 times, I downloaded files over 1 Go and start over because I was thinking the dowload process didn't go to the end. With my connection speed, it's really raging.
So please please please Make it a priority.

Excuse my poor english.
flall

Postby thebiz » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:36 pm

HTTPS download protocol support:
Hardware: Vigica C100 Smart TV Box
I am working away from home and using a 4G LTE connection in Africa.
Before when using AndFTP on ADSL and Fiber Optic to sync with my server AndFTP nearly always outperformed IDM on Laptop. Now, on 4G LTE I am lucky if I get 100Kbs out of AndFTP, whereas, IDM gets 400Kb/s.
thebiz

ANTIINTERRUPT - renaming files in destination BEFORE full up

Postby slejo » Thu May 26, 2016 1:45 pm

Hello,

Please make in AndFTP a feature of renaming files in destination untill their full upload.

FOR EXAMPLE:
1) I have to transfer file mydog.jpg >> AndFTP starts to transfer file as TEMPORARY-mydog.jpg to destination server.
2) When upload is completed successfully >> AndFTP renames file to mydog.jpg (just removes "TEMPORARY-" prefix).

This is VERY usefull thing to prevent my server from catching partially loaded / interrupted files. Very usual thing in PHP programming (cron jobs etc...)

Is it possible to do this?

Example topic discussion about problem:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9964 ... completely

Regards,
Krzysztof Szyszkowski
slejo

Previous

Return to AndFTP

Sitemap | Privacy Statement | Java and all Java-based marks are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sun Microsystems, Inc.
in the U.S. and other countries. All other company and/or product names are the property of their respective owners.