No dir listin after connect

FTP client for Android handsets.
sin
AntiSpam sum: 8

No dir listin after connect

Post by sin »

I didn't have this problem until resently. I wanted to get a file off my pc the lazy way without walking upstairs so I connected like normal in passive mode ftp via andftp. As usual it connected with the usual output at the bottom of the screen and the "Go to up directory" appeared as usual in the dir tree. The dir listing told me I was in the normal /home/sin dir that I set it to but under the go to button it was blank and a blank notification popped up and slowly faded out. I tried reinstalling, changing dirs, and changing every option there is. Ftp from the terminal doesn't work with or without su so I can't test it there. I'm connecting through wifi and have no data plan through a G1 and latest updates. Anyone know what's going on?

sin

Re: No dir listin after connect

Post by sin »

Nevermind... I'm just an idiot. Never thought to check the server. I resently installed kde to diagnose a problem on ubuntuforums and when I uninstalled it left me no choice but to let it remove a bunch of random software (removed foobillard... umm... ok) including my ftp server. Sorry for wasting your time.

support

Post by support »

No problem.

jsarnjsarn

Post by jsarnjsarn »

i have this same problem on an htc hero. connects fine to my ftp server and shows the default directory however files are not displayed. i have tried all permutations i can think of with no luck. any suggestions?

support

Post by support »

Did you fill in something in remote dir field ?

jsarnjsarn

Post by jsarnjsarn »

no, but the default directory ,as specified by the ftp server does show up correctly - just no files or subdirectories that do exist. ie i can see them with ftp client on pc.

support

Post by support »

Could you provide a testing FTP account to support(at)lysesoft(dot)com ?
We're working on AndFTP 1.3 and we're fixing issues reported by end-users.

jsarnjsarn

Post by jsarnjsarn »

i just sent an email about test account.
thanks

support

Post by support »

Received and problem reproduced !

support

Post by support »

SYSTEM command on your FTP returns NETWARE Type: L8
system.jpg
system.jpg (14.68 KiB) Viewed 9299 times
Type: L8 is considered as Unix compliant for AndFTP so we're using a Unix parsed and it does not work. If we force the Netware parser then it works (see below). Could you remove 'Type: L8' from your FTP system signature ?
ftp.png
ftp.png (18.96 KiB) Viewed 9296 times