Virtual Directories on Server via AndFTP

FTP client for Android handsets.
rffaz
AntiSpam sum: 8

Virtual Directories on Server via AndFTP

Post by rffaz »

Hello;

I'm having one little problem working with virtual directors on my ftp server via AndFTP. The FTP server is a standard Windows 2003 ftp server with a virtual directory added to the root ftp direcories

The only way AndFTP sees the virtual directory is to setup the initial Remote Dir to the virtual direcory (ie: /music). setting Remote DIR to point to the root "/" shows available directories, but not the virtual.

When setup for /music, upon connection the virtual directory is displayed and files can be transferred back and forth. If I use the "Go to up Folder", the root directory is displayed but I never see the "/music" virtual directory again and can't get back to it without re connecting.

Suggestions?

On a different subject, I did figure how to select folders by pressing and holding the folder name bar / line. Thanks!

Thanks,
Rich

support

Re: Virtual Directories on Server via AndFTP

Post by support »

We're going to try to reproduce the virtual directory issue.

support

Post by support »

Problem reproduced under Windows 2003 FTP server. However, it's the same problem under FileZilla FTP client. The FTP server does not return virtual directories on ls command. Which FTP client are you using to see virtual directories ?

farms
AntiSpam sum: 8

Post by farms »

I too can confirm this. I am using the latest release of andftp and attempting to connect to my server which utilizes virtual directories. If i only have 1 virtual directory setup then andftp will recognize it however if i add more then they will not display any. Thank you for your help.

My setup:
Windows home server 2011 using IIS ftp site

Device:
Verizon Galaxy S4 with android 4.2.2