SSH with RSA keys

FTP client for Android handsets.
kevdog
AntiSpam sum: 8

SSH with RSA keys

Post by kevdog »

Is the use of RSA keys going to be implemented?

Even GnuPG have switched to RSA keys by default now. Any plans to allow for RSA keys in the future with andftp?

support

Re: SSH with RSA keys

Post by support »

Yes, it's planned but we have to provide public Intent to allow any third application to use AndFTP to transfer files first.

xcmpe

Post by xcmpe »

I too am interested in support for RSA pub keys.
Motorola CLIQ - Android 1.5

support

Post by support »

RSA support is in the wish list.

support

Post by support »

RSA keys (1024, 2048 bits) support is available since release 1.9.

ametts

Post by ametts »

Happy to see RSA support in version 1.9 -- thanks!

I tried using an existing ssh key that was generated by ConnectBot. For the ssh key, I navigated to the 2048-bit private key that connectBot wrote in my file system, and specified the Key pass associated with this key.

My servers are configured to accept connections with *only* this key, and no login password is necessary. AndFTP prompted for a password anyway, but there was no password I could specify that would connect me (I saw an "invalid privatekey" message in the window, but the key looks just fine when viewed in a text editor).

Can you help me get up and running with an existing RSA private key, when the public key is added to the authorized_keys file on the server? How can I use a password on the key, but not on the login?

Thanks in advance,
Allan

support

Post by support »

Which version of ConnectBot are you using? Did you generate your key with ConnectBot or on server?

ametts

Post by ametts »

This is ConnectBot 1.6.2, and yes -- I generated a 2048-bit RSA key with ConnectBot, not the server.

Allan

support

Post by support »

We're going to try to reproduce the problem. Could you send an email to support(at)lysesoft(dot)com so they can send you a testing version.

Teknia

Post by Teknia »

Hi,
I have the same problem...copied private key generated by ConnectBot and pasted into AndFTP (tried both via file and direct paste). Also tried to call both via Intent from a test app and from AndFTP interactive screens. Keep getting a request to enter my Username/Password in "Authentication - Attempt X' dialog.

Any suggestions?

PS: I can ssh with ConnectBot and these same set of keys, no problem.

Thanks.